In 2011, the ebook turned forty years old, but the medium has grown leaps and bounds in the past year, thanks to the dedication and ingenuity of publishers, developers, and content creators. In order to recognize the best of the best in this still nascent medium, Digital Book World created the Publishing Innovation Awards.
The Publishing Innovation Awards honor both the publishers, traditional and non-traditional, and developers of ebooks, enhanced ebooks, and book apps that best illustrate the myriad possibilities beyond simply replicating the print experience. The Awards are not only a valuable honor for authors, but also benefit publishers and developers by providing a prominent marketing platform for their finest titles.
“It’s clear with the rise of digital devices that people are reading more than ever. By acknowledging innovative developments in eBooks, apps, and other enhanced products, the Publishing Innovation Awards aim to encourage publishers to deliver quality reading experiences for future generations, no matter what (digital) shape or form.” —Gary Lynch, Group Publisher, Digital Book World
5 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD ENTER TODAY
1. Increase visibility for your ebook or app with a multipoint marketing campaign: Last year’s winners were announced widely in the press, with coverage in the Los Angeles Times, Publishers Weekly, Library Journal, Publishers Lunch, Digital Book World, and Shelf Awareness.
2. Network with the leaders in publishing: Winners of the PIAs get free tickets to the three-day Digital Book World Conference + Expo in January 2013, where you’ll hear from practitioners at the leading edge of digital publishing.
3. Receive the credit your team deserves: The Publishing Innovation Awards gala on the opening night of the Digital Book World Conference includes hundreds of publishing executives gathered to celebrate your team and your authors. Each winner of the PIAs receives 4 free tickets to the awards gala in January, 2013.
4. Get expert evaluation: Your ebook or app will be judged by independent, authoritative figures in the digital publishing community, and you’ll receive feedback on your work regardless of the final awards decision.
5. Attract more readers: All entries are evaluated for the QED Seal, a badge that guarantees quality, excellence, and design in digital content. If your work passes this rigorous, 13-point inspection across all formats and devices, you can proudly trumpet that your ebook design will satisfy readers on any e-reading device.